TITAN NATION

• NEW STORIES WEEKLY

• VOTE ON OUR LATEST POLL!

KING JAMES AND COMPANY STRUGGLING?

Mitchell Moore, Editor

It doesn’t take a genius to tell you that Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers are having a rough go of it in recent times. In fact their home record in recent weeks is 3-16-1. Per usual, when a team of this caliber playing dismally and with the trade deadline approaching, there’s much controversy on whether or not the Cavs could try to strike up a deal for James.

For James, these rumors are far from his interests, as he’s still trying to take this team to the finals. In a recent interview after a close loss to the Warriors, James said “They’re a tough team, played great on (defense), we just have been struggling to get the shots to fall and it’s something I myself am ready to fix, and I know my team is too.”

This reigns true for the Cavs, as in that game the Cavs were only able to make 24% of their shots from the floor.

Offense unfortunately isn’t the only struggle the team is dealing with, as for the first time in recent history, the Cavaliers are ranked second worst in the league in total defensive stats. The sudden downfall of the Cavs has many people shocked and wondering; Why?

Although we may not know specifically what issues are at play, you can assume team chemistry is at an all time low, and this is because of several factors. It is evident this is bad, with as many big names on this team such as Dwayne Wade, Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas and of course Lebron, it’s too much of a power struggle between these four, each taking questionable shots with open pass options in recent games.

Even though unspecified, it has also been reported that there is currently a dispute between Head Coach Tyronn Lue and Lebron James. It’s unclear what it could be about, but it may have something to do with Lue telling ESPN reporters to expect a lineup change coming soon.

Will the Cavs be able to salvage their season before it’s too late? That’s a question none of us can answer, and quite frankly, will only be answered if the Cavs can start playing as a team again. Tune in to the next Cavs game to see if they will sink or swim under all this media pressure.