TITAN NATION

The Tired High School Student

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Tired High School Student

Rebekah Stroebe, Writer

As teens all over the world go to school, one of the largest problems is their feeling of being tired all the time.  Some may argue that it is because they stay up to late, but what if it is more than just that? Perhaps it is not just the fact that they stay up on purpose. Putting together everything that teens have to do and extra stuff that they want to do doesn’t leave much time for relaxation.  Especially a time around a big test or exam.  Having 50 plus questions or words to study for a final exam takes up a ton of time.

If you work, have sport practice, then come home to tons of homework.  Even when you have a week or two to do it, it can overwhelm students due to how much there is. This can cause procrastination, which can cause students not have to stay up last minute and rush through it, or just not do the work.  While some may argue that having a schedule on when to get the work done will prevent this, it is not always the case.  There are many things that could happen to ruin a schedule.  Especially if you work because they could call you in on a day you were expecting to be off.  One little bump in your schedule could mess you up, especially if you are under a lot of stress.

There are a lot of opportunities that students take advantage of, but most of the time, extra time to get work done and have a bit of free time is not one.  WWT counselor, Mr.  Rohloff, stated, “It’s rare for students to work later at night.  Less work would give them more free time. “I disagree because if students had less work, they wouldn’t need to stay up late after work or practice to do it.  And without free time, students get over stressed.  This stress can affect their performance and even keep them from using their full potential. Less work and more free time is a good thing because students can wind down, and it would be easier to get to bed at a reasonable time.  Getting to bed at 10;00 and waking up at 6:00 is a full 8 hours.  But if they have practice till 5 then work until 9 or 10, this leaves no time to do a math sheet, notes, book work, study for exams, and whatever else they may need to do plus get enough sleep. More sleep is possible, but without balance, it can be difficult.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Tired High School Student”

1. Judi on January 20th, 2019 12:15 pm

Omg this is dead on! Tired of watching my 14 year old more stressed out, burnt out, and exhausted than 90% of adults. It’s their last 4 years to be a kid, let’s stop trying to make them doctors by 12th grade. It’s happy and memories that matter not just degrees, homework; and bank account balances!!!’nm

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Tired High School Student

Features

Start the Semester Off Strong!

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Everyone Has Goals

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Tigers Wouldn’t Prey on Crickets

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Self Love

• News

2019: The New Year

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

What We Think About Extra-Curricular Activities at WWT

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

The Christmas Music Debate

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Elementary Students with Cell Phones

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Beats Products are Overrated

• The Tired High School Student

Opinion

Is AP Physics Worth It?

Your source for all Warren Woods Tower News and Media..
The Tired High School Student