TITAN NATION

Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Jewel Jhons, Writer

Season Three of Riverdale has been out for about a month now, and I am usually a fan who will watch the new episodes weekly, but this season, I’m not too excited about it.

Riverdale is based on the Archie Comics written by Bob Montana and John L. Goldwater and it’s a young adult TV show. It airs every Wednesday at 8 pm eastern time, and contains mysterious plot lines and characters.

Without spoiling, season one was by far the best. It followed a strong plot line that always had viewers at the edge of their seats. There weren’t any random filler episodes, and everything connected in the end, in which all loose ends were knotted and the viewers could be contempt.

Although with second season, the writers were clearly frantic with wanting to make the second nearly as good as the first. It was obvious with random criminals and easy escape routes with solving the cases. The season was very rushed and not as completely thought-through as the first season. The mysteries were really easy to solve and to make it worse, there were three to four mysteries rushed to create more suspense but really just took it away from it all. I wish the writers took their time and added little clues, so it would be harder and less obvious who did something or how something was done.

Also, the characters may be well developed, but they do have some gaps in their personalities. While this could be argued to add to the mystery, I think it just creates more holes in the entire story. Then, at random times, there are extremely random character traits added which are clearly just spins the episode in a whirlwind. For example, throughout season 2, there are so many forced songs sang by characters for no apparent reason or for really stretched reasons. These random additions make up horribly boring filler episodes that all add up to a slow and uninteresting season.

This all just made me way less excited to watch season three. I felt as if Riverdale just took a really bad turn after the first crime in the second season and it will continue in the current season. I will take the time to catch up sometime soon and hope to not come to the conclusion that Riverdale truly has already surpassed its downfall.

1 Comment

One Response to “Riverdale has Lost its Spark”

1. Serenity Wilcox on November 28th, 2018 10:43 am

I love Riverdale, and I agree that the second second season of Riverdale could’ve been better, but the third season gives you that sense of curiosity and edge. In my opinion though my favorite season is the first season.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Features

Start the Semester Off Strong!

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

Everyone Has Goals

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

Tigers Wouldn’t Prey on Crickets

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

Self Love

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

The Tired High School Student

• News

2019: The New Year

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

What We Think About Extra-Curricular Activities at WWT

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

The Christmas Music Debate

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

Elementary Students with Cell Phones

• Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Opinion

Beats Products are Overrated

Your source for all Warren Woods Tower News and Media..
Riverdale has Lost its Spark