TITAN NATION

Homecoming 2018 was the Best

Jhons, Editorial Writer

This year’s homecoming was the best Warren Woods Tower has ever experienced. I genuinely believe the music was great, the decorations were amazing, and the people were hype. An amazing buffet was included for the first time in Warren Woods Tower history and also, the commons were lined with a photo booth and our homecoming theme video games on plasma screen televisions. I heard of complaints of music and our homecoming resembled too much of a club and that took away from the fun. So, I went around the school to ask some students what their opinions are.

I talked to a freshman about their first homecoming experience. Dianna Shemouel ’22 enjoyed homecoming all-around and thought it was amazing. “The atmosphere and how crazy the people were and how much fun it was” Dianna claimed really added to it all. Also, she asserts the music was just okay and she personally likes more of the beat-drop type of music.  Dianna advices to make next year nearly as fun, they should have the same with the lights and spacing, but have a better DJ.

I also conversed with a Senior about her past homecoming experiences. She told me she came to our school sophomore year and has gone all three years but this year was the best by far. Also, she did express about how she hated the DJ. Anything about what we could do to make it better always ran right back to the DJ. Although, she did love the atmosphere just as much as Dianna. “I did look kind of like a club, but I liked it,” Anna St. Clair ’19. I agree, the dark light and pounding bass really added to it all.

Social Studies teacher, Mrs. Walczy claimed after all her 15 years here at Warren Woods Tower this year was the best by far. She said even as a chaperone she had so much fun at homecoming. “The photo booth, glow sticks, sunglasses, and the DJ… it was amazing,” Walczy stated. To make homecoming next year just as good she advises to focus on what people liked the most this year that honestly made this homecoming better than the last. We both agreed that keeping the vibe of the commons with activities that incorporate with our pep rally themes is the biggest thing we should keep since the people that don’t want to dance can still have a good time. Also, the people dancing have a place to step out to and relax while still being entertained.

I think everything was amazing and out of my short 2 years here, this year was obviously better than last year. Personally, I liked the music, the decorations, and the people and it all added together to really make it the best homecoming ever. The DJ had mainly a mix of pop music and hip-hop which is good a thing to me. There was music for everyone because not everyone wants to dance to hip hop and not everyone wants to dance to pop, so everyone had something to enjoy.