TITAN NATION

FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE SWEEPS THE NATION

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mitchell Moore, Editor

It doesn’t take a gamer to understand the newest wave of mindless fun  to sweep the nation that is ‘Fortnite.’ But what exactly is all the hype about? Many adults and those who may not understand video games cannot grasp why this game has such a grip on gamers of all ages thought it was only necessary to break it down for both those who consider themselves Fortnite gods, and those who are new to the game or even video games themselves.

Fortnite and their team from Epic Games, stated that as of the last time they checked, an estimated 3.4 million people currently play Fortnite, with that number only continuing to grow, however I’m sure the question still remains: why?

The concept of Fortnite is relatively easy to grasp. The map consists of a number of different towns and places to go, along with a sprawling wilderness landscape between each one. A typical game of Fortnite consists of 95-100 players who each “drop” into the map and parachute to their desired location. Upon landing, the goal is to build up an impressive cache of weapons and collect building materials that will help you build a fort towards the end of the game, when only a few players remain.

Think of it as the ‘hunger games’ of video games. Fortnite is made challenging also by an enclosing circle that shrinks the size of the map progressively until said circle is very small. The objective is to remain inside this circle (also referred to in-game as ‘the storm’), as being outside of it begins to deplete your health and can result in death of the player.

A key factor that results in Fortnite’s success is that there is virtually no learning curve to this game, as it can be picked up and learned in less than an hour. Another reason why Fortnite is so popular is because it is not currently age-restricted, since it is still in its Beta form (test run). While these reasons may not be enough for you to turn on your console or PC and get to downloading, there’s one more thing to mention.

Fortnite Battle Royale is 100% FREE. That’s right, you read that correctly. This is because the game is still in its test run to see how popular it would be amongst players, so if price was something that was holding you back, now you can try to become number one like virtually everyone else, all without breaking the bank.

Fortnite is a great way to blow off some steam, compete with your friends, and have fun while doing it. Make sure to keep your eyes open for when the full version of Fortnite drops, which is rumored to have multiple maps, as well as different game modes.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE SWEEPS THE NATION”

1. Tyrone Smith on March 9th, 2018 8:49 am

pubg is better.

2. Matthew David on March 22nd, 2018 1:20 pm

hmu on xbox my name is DreadPower68051

3. Thomas J. on September 20th, 2018 8:33 am

Okay, this is epic

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE SWEEPS THE NATION

Opinion

Self Love

Opinion

The Tired High School Student

• News

2019: The New Year

Opinion

What We Think About Extra-Curricular Activities at WWT

Opinion

The Christmas Music Debate

Opinion

Elementary Students with Cell Phones

Opinion

Beats Products are Overrated

Opinion

Is AP Physics Worth It?

Opinion

Stress Affects Students’ Performance in School

Opinion

Riverdale has Lost its Spark

Your source for all Warren Woods Tower News and Media..