TITAN NATION

Sticking Together

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sticking Together

Jewel Jhons, Writer

Being a teenager in high school is where many become more aware of the world, who they are, and who they want to be. This is the time in our lives where we start to break away from our parents and become independent. Where we start to find ourselves, realize our true friends, and become more aware of the world around us.

If only we could be more understanding of each other, we are all going through the same thing on a basic level, but everyone goes through it in different ways. Some have it considerably worse, and some have it not as hard, but everyone should understand this. Not just students, personally, I think the students understand it the best. It’s the teachers and staff in general that I wish understood us.

Everyone has their levels of focus, interest, brain capability, and time that could affect your performance in school. If only the staff members, not just at Tower, but all around the world understood. While they claim “they’ve been teenagers once,” they don’t treat us in which they understand us like they imply when they say this. Of course, not all teachers and staff members are like this, but there is a fair share of them scattered. We are all going through things, including the teachers. I feel as a student, we easily forget that we aren’t the only ones that are going through things and it’s easy to overlook that our teachers have lives outside of school because we only see them in school while we see many of our fellow students through our portable screens.

Also, I feel like some teachers lose sight of what being a teacher is about. It’s not only teaching, but it’s also caring for them. While yes, some students don’t act to their full potential, we all must keep in mind that they are going through something also. It’s okay to have bad days, but we have to be aware and mindful of each other. I’m hoping after the break that we will come back and feel refreshed and prepared to have a good rest of the school year together because in the long run, we are all in this together.