TITAN NATION

Glacial Seasons v.s. Sweltering Seasons

Back to Article
Back to Article

Glacial Seasons v.s. Sweltering Seasons

Rebekah Stroebe, Writer

December 21st marks the first day of the winter solstice. While lots love the bright lights of Christmas, the hot chocolate, the snow and how it sits upon everything like a blanket of magic. When the snow begins to melt away and the flowers and trees bud. The beauty of spring pops up, bringing with it a wave of tropical feeling warm weather. The bright colors and warm weather bring out the happiness in our hearts, but as does the warm clothes and cuddling up to someone you love. I prefer the sweltering to the glacial weather, because it gives me a chance to get out more, go swimming, stand up paddle boarding, and just enjoying the sunshine.

The warmer seasons bring us a chance to get out and go different places. Weather it is to the beach, a park, camping, or even just out of a bike ride.  In the winter it is harder to get up and go places, and when you do the ideal place to go is somewhere warm inside. Warren Woods Tower athletic director Mr. Cutshaw said “I enjoy the warm weather, but there is lots of rain and rescheduling of events.” While this could be frustrating, it is something anyone can deal with. It doesn’t last forever. The days get longer which gives you more time to get out and enjoy yourself. Maybe just take a walk before bed or enjoy the cooler summer nights and the warm days.

Cold air brings a higher amount of colds, this is due to being confined inside with air recirculating through the house over and over again. This happens less in the spring and summer because people get outside into the fresh air.  Warren Woods Tower student Aaron Bearss stated, “My favorite activity to do in the winter is play videogames. I like that I can wear a coat and be warm.” The winter and fall does bring a cozy feeling of being able to bundle up.  Aaron also stated, “I don’t enjoy having to shower all the time, and while I am running there is lots of sweat.” True that can be annoying and you can’t just take layers off because it is normally to hot for layers. There are ways to get around this, for example, you could go swimming or even if you don’t have a pool, have a water balloon fight with friends or family. It is cheap with most dollar stores holding them for $1.00 to $2.00 for about 100 to 200 balloons.  There are many ways to get past the heat, after that is an enjoyable time of year. So make sure to spend this summer loving life because the cold is hiding just around the corner.

About the Writer